I have often seen people trying to use audio or video files in sharepoint sites.
In this article I am providing some very easy methods of doing it so that it will help others.
I will show two ways to use videos from youtube and from your document library.
Here we proceed:
1. To use any youtube video open the youtube video in a browser. You will get an option to share as shown
2. Now once you click on this share you will get another option panel there you select Embed. It will now look like this:
In this screen the main part of your use is the code shown in the panel. You can customize it based on your needs. You can see that the width and height is specified , however you can change it to your values by entering these values in the textboxes shown at the end. In another way you can select some standard size as well. By selecting these code shown will change accordingly. You have checkboxes available as well to use the video as per your need and with every selection the code will keep on changing. Now we are ready to use it in a or site.
3. Go to your sharepoint 2007 site and then on the page where you want to show this video.
4. Edit your page and add a content editor webpart. Edit this webpart and then add this code in source editor.
That’s all your page is ready with this video. It will look something like this
Now it is the time to use your videos, stored in your document libraries.
Follow these steps:
1. First of all upload the file in your document library. Once uploaded right click on it and select copy link as shown below.
2. Now open the page where you want to display this video. Edit this page and add a content editor webpart.
Add this script in text editor:
<embed src="YourUrlHere" autoplay="true" width="250" height="200" loop="false">
You just need to replace the YourUrlHere.
All values are self explanatory except loop. If you mark it as true it will keep on playing one after one.
I hope this will help you out.