Thursday 15 September 2011

Can not change master page of a wiki site in sharepoint 2007

HI ,

Recently someone requested me to change the default master page of a wiki site to something else.
I designed a master page and uploaded that in master page gallery.

However when I went to site settings page there was no option of "Master Page" under look and feel.
So I tried usual way of directly going by URL and pasted this in URL _layouts/ChangeSitemasterpage.aspx,
I got an error on my screen as:
Invalid field name. {7581e709-5d87-42e7-9fe6-698ef5e86dd3}   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFieldCollection.GetFieldById(Guid fieldId, Boolean bThrowException)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFieldCollection.get_Item(Guid id)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.Internal.QueryBuilderHelper.AddExcludeObsoleteToQuery(StringBuilder builder, SPDocumentLibrary layoutLibrary)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.PublishingSite.GetMasterPageLayouts(Boolean excludeObsolete)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.Internal.CodeBehind.AreaChromeSettingsPage.InitDataList()
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.Internal.CodeBehind.AreaChromeSettingsPage.LoadValues()
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.Internal.CodeBehind.AreaChromeSettingsPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)



I got the documentation about this error in a KB article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2000827 .
I followed the steps but got stuck in a step where it was asking me to create a custom content type and to extend from Publishing content type since this option was not listed over there in drop down of parent content type.

I found a very simple solution to this problem. I checked in my 12/Templates/Features folder and found that these content types are getting added by a hidden site collection feature "PublishingResources".

I activated the same on the site using STSADM activate feature command http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262141(office.12).aspx.

So now the desired parent content type was added and I was able to locate this in the drop down.

I followed rest of the steps in the KB article and it worked for me.

I hope this will help you out




No comments:

Post a Comment