I received a request from someone to modify a list view in such a manner that if some click on the title of the item it should take him to the edit page instead of display page in sharepoint 2010. I have already managed to do this in sharepoint 2007 and have written an article on it here http://rahulrashu.blogspot.in/2012/03/how-to-edit-list-item-by-clicking-on.html . After some work with sharepoint designer 2010 I was able to mange it in few steps here as well . Here are the steps needs to be followed in this case:
1. Open the site in sharepoint designer.
2. Go to All Files.
3. Navigate down to the list where you want to do the modification.
4. Then open the view in sharepoint designer by double clicking on it in my case it was allitems.aspx.(Check it out first)
5. Now right click on the title part as shown in the screenshot below and select format hyperlink to Edit Form.
6. Save this file and you are ready to go.
I hope this will help you out.