Sunday 26 February 2012

Unable to create a new Group in Manged Metadata Service in Sharepoint 2010

Hi,

An issue was reported to me where one of the farm administrator was not able to create a new group in managed metadata service in Sharepoint 2010. This looks strange to me since this involved very simple steps. I was able to overcome this within a minute and I am sharing it here so that others who will face this issue should not spend time on this. The drop down was not getting enabled in the left panel under managed metadata service node because the Term Store Administrator for this metadata service was not selected. I added this and then saved it . Now the drop appeared and "New Group" option started to come as shown in the image below:








I hope this will help you out.

1 comment: